Introduction to WebSphere MQ
This course provides the learner with basic information about WebSphere MQ on z/OS: features, functions and issues that differ from WebSphere MQ on other platforms.
Managers, systems administrators, programmers, architects, operators and help desk staff. This course is suitable for anyone needing a quick understanding of WebSphere MQ on z/OS and other platforms.
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Describe what WebSphere MQ is and why it is used.
- List the different WebSphere MQ components.
- Explain what languages and application environments can use WebSphere MQ.
- Understand queue sharing and queue sharing groups.
- Identify the different components of WebSphere MQ on z/OS.
- Understand WebSphere MQ administration on z/OS.
Unit 1 - WEBSPHERE MQ FUNDAMENTALS
What is WebSphere MQ?
Queue Managers and Clients
WebSphere MQ and Messages
WebSphere MQ Solutions
Unit 2 - WEBSPHERE MQ FEATURES
What’s in a Message?
Queue Manager Features
Managing WebSphere MQ
Unit 3 - INTRODUCING WEBSPHERE MQ ON Z/OS
The Queue Manager
Unit 4 - INTRODUCTION TO WEBSPHERE MQ MASTERY TEST
This course is part of
the IBM Digital Badge Program
Mainframe Application Programmer
Mainframe Programming Environment
Instant Web Chat:
- Chat with tech support or
- have a product question?
Contact our Learning Consultants or call us at 770-872-4278