New and Updated Course Releases
Checkout some of our NEW and updated mainframe training courses. As a customer, you automatically receive access to these courses. Be sure to ENROLL for them when you access the LMS. We add and/or update courses several times per year, so check this page often!
New and Updated Courses Released This Quarter
Mainframe Application Performance Tuning - NEW Course
A general introduction to mainframe application performance. In this course, you will be introduced to the basic concepts of improving application performance by tuning. This course includes suggestions on when and why to tune, tuning for CPU vs service time, and also considers batch and online performance objectives.
Zowe Curriculum - NEW Curriculum
The Zowe Basics course discusses the components that comprise Zowe and the benefits of using Zowe and how its capabilities can be extended.
Coaching and Mentoring for Technical Specialists - NEW Curriculum
We the Coaching and Mentoring for Technical Specialists course that explains how learning has evolved from the traditional on-the-job and classroom training, to a myriad of learning resources to suit a wide range of people.
z/VSE - NEW Curriculum
We had retired our VSE curriculum last year and promised new z/VSE replacement courses this year. This is two of the many more z/VSE courses to come.
Updates to z/OS 2.3
We have recently updated some of our z/OS 2.2 group of courses to z/OS version 2.3. These courses have new added content relating to z/OS v2.3.
JCL 2.3 Curriculum Updated
JCL (z/OS) – Introduction to z/OS JCL JCL (z/OS) – JCL Coding Basics - JOB and EXEC Statements JCL (z/OS) - JCL Coding Basics - DD Statements
JCL (z/OS) - Advanced JCL Data Set Use JCL (z/OS) - Controlling Job and Step Processing JCL (z/OS) - Working with Procedures and Symbols JCL (z/OS) - Running and Debugging JCL
Introduction to the IBM Enterprise Environment 2.3
Introduction to the IBM Enterprise Environment z/OS Systems Programming Fundamentals IBM Development Environment
ISPF (z/OS) - Using Online System Facilities - TSO/ISPF ISPF (z/OS) - Managing Data Files and Definitions with ISPF/PDF ISPF (z/OS) - Maintaining Data in Files with the ISPF Editor
z/OS Concepts and Components Initializing and Terminating the z/OS System Monitoring the z/OS System Identifying z/OS System Problems Resolving z/OS System Problems
Assessments Updated to z/OS v2.3
JCL Concepts Assessment 2.3 JCL Problem Resolution Assessment 2.3 JCL Coding Assessment 2.3 TSO/ISPF Concepts Assessment 2.3 TSO/ISPF Operation Assessment 2.3 z/OS Concepts Assessment 2.3 z/OS System Operations Assessment 2.3 z/OS Problem Diagnosis and Resolution Assessment 2.3
New and Updated Courses Released 1st Quarter 2019
Three new IMS v15 courses!
FIVE New Advanced "Tips & Tricks" Courses!
Students can find these courses in the LMS under the curriculum associated with each course topic.
An Additional Course added to our Linux Curriculum
New and Updated Courses Released 2nd Quarter 2018
BMC Curriculum - NEW
We have updated our entire BMC curriculum. The Control-M curriculum introduces this product, describing its role in today’s data processing environment. It describes how job definitions are used to schedule jobs for processing, providing in-depth details of parameters used for job scheduling, prerequisites, and post-processing. Note: The previous 3 BMC courses will be retired on June 1, 2018.
Introduction to CONTROL-M for z/OS Defining and Scheduling Jobs Using Control-M for z/OS Monitoring and Managing Job Processing
DevOps and Agile Curriculum - NEW Course
The Agile Fundamentals course discusses the business value of adopting an Agile philosophy, introducing a real-life software development project, and describing how Agile is used to restructure traditional software development and deployment tasks.
Cryptography Curriculum - NEW
We have added a new curriculum with the addition of a new Cryptography course. This course begins by discussing the evolution of encryption, describing its importance, benefits and how pervasive encryption has only recently become a viable solution for organizations looking to meet data security requirements and compliance regulations.
New and Updated Courses Released 1st Quarter 2018
Data Analysis, Analytics, and Machine Learning Curriculum
We've added a new course titled "Machine Learning and Spark" to our Data Analysis, Analytics, and Machine Learning Curriculum. This course is designed for those working with organizations looking to implement Machine Learning solutions. It is also of benefit for those looking to implement Spark on z/OS. Note: This curriculum was previously named "Big Data, Hadoop and Analytics."
Mainframe Application Performance Curriculum - NEW
This course introduces sampling-based performance tools such as Compuware Strobe, IBM Application Performance Analyzer, and Macro4 FreezeFrame, which are available for z/OS environments. It describes what these tools are, the information that they provide, and how this assists with application performance tuning. It includes information on the tools currently available, performance implications when using them, and how to minimize any impact they may have on the system. It also steps through how sampling sessions can be started, and the key parameters for such sessions.
New and Updated Courses Released 4th Quarter 2017
We've added a new course titled "Java on z/OS for Java Programmers" to our Java Curriculum. The course is designed for Java programmers who need to port their skills and knowledge to Java in a z/OS environment.
z/OS UNIX System Services - NEW
Our entire UNIX curriculum has been updated to z/OS UNIX System Services! Students be sure to enroll for this new curriculum when you login to the LMS. Theses courses contain many new features and training benefits for UNIX users.
Introduction to the IBM Z Mainframes is a new course that replaces the previous Introduction to zEnterprise - EC12, BC12 & zBX.
Note: The current UNIX Curriculum and Introduction to zEnterprise - EC12, BC12 & zBX course will be retired on March 31, 2018. Students please be sure to use the new versions of these courses.
New Course Released in 3rd Quarter 2017
Blockchain Curriculum - NEW
The Blockchain Fundamentals course provides you with a solid understanding of the business issues surrounding the emergence of blockchain, explaining its value and general structure. You can also earn the IBM Open Badge - Blockchain Foundations when completing this course.
New and Updated Courses Released in 2nd Quarter 2017
CICS v5.3 Curriculum - NEW
Our entire CICS curriculum has been updated to version 5.3! Students be sure to enroll for this new curriculum when you login to the LMS. Theses courses contain many new features and training benefits for CICS operators and programmers.
CICS TS Operations Series
CICS TS Programmers Series
CICS - Programming Basics Program Control and Communication Files and Databases Storage and Transient Data Programming for Web Access Using CICS Transaction Gateway CICS Terminal Communications Using SDF II To Maintain CICS TS Maps Programming for Recovery Debugging CICS Programs CICS Command Simulations
Note: The current CICS Curriculum will be retired on October 31, 2017. Students please be sure to use the new CICS 5.3 curriculum.
New and Updated Courses Released in 2016
Big Data, Hadoop, and Analytics Curriculum
- Linux on z Systems Fundamentals - Updated
The entire COBOL curriculum has been updated.
New and Updated Courses Released in 2015
z/OS Connect Curriculum
- DevOps Fundamentals - New
C Programming Curriculum
Database Curriculum - Updated to DB2 v11
DB2 - Database Management System Series
- Introduction to RDBMSs and the DB2
- Manage Data Definitions with DB2
- DB2 SQL Fundamentals (Previously titled Manage Data with DB2 SQL in the v10 Curriculum)
- Advanced DB2 SQL (Previously titled Manage Data with DB2 SQL in the v10 Curriculum)
- Create and Maintain DB2 Programs
- DB2 Stored Procedures
- Optimize DB2 Application Performance
Rational Developer for System z Series
New and Updated Mainframe Courses Released in 2014
CICS Transaction Server Operations Series
- CICS TS - Introduction - UPDATED
- CICS TS - Explorer Fundamentals - NEW
- CICS TS - Controlling CICS Operations - UPDATED
IBM Power Series - IBM i Curriculum
IBM i RPG Series
z/VM - Virtualization CurriculumUpdated to v6.3
- z/VM Concepts, System Initialization and Shutdown
- Monitoring and Controlling z/VM Operations
- Managing Guest Operating Systems
- Identifying and Resolving z/VM Problems
IBM System z Mastery Test Practice Assessments
Updated to z/OS v2.1
- Systems Programming on z/OS Practice Assessment
- Application Programming on z/OS Practice Assessment
- z/OS Online Workloads Practice Assessment
- Introduction to z/OS and the Mainframe Environment Practice Assessment
Cloud Computing Curriculum
- Cloud Computing for Data Centers - updated to z/OS v2.1
Assessments - All UPDATED to z/OS v.21
- Mainframe Network Communications - Previously titled SNA/VTAM Concepts and Operation
Data Center Storage Management CurriculumUPDATED to z/OS v2.1
- Storage Fundamentals for Data Centers
- Storage Networks, Administration, and DASD Management Using ICKDSF (Previously titled "Managing the Storage Network")
- Using DFSMS to Manage the z/OS Storage Environment
IBM Mainframe Communications Series v2.1UPDATED to z/OS v2.1
- IBM Mainframe Communications Concepts
- IBM Mainframe Communications - VTAM Commands
- Mainframe TCP/IP Commands
IBM Power Series - IBM i Curriculum
IBM i Application Programming Introduction Series
z/OS Utilities Curriculum
UPDATED to z/OS v2.1
z/OS Batch Utilities Series
JES2 Curriculum - UPDATED to z/OS v2.1
- JES2 System Initialization & Shutdown
- Monitoring Batch Jobs with JES2
- Using JES2 in Scheduling Batch Jobs
- Identify and Resolve JES2 Batch Problems
- Identify and Resolve JES2 System Problems
CA Technologies Curriculum
CA OPS/MVS Series - UPDATED to R12
- CA OPS/MVS - Event Management and Automation - Overview, Components and Features
- CA OPS/MVS - Event Management and Automation - Rules and OPS/REXX
- CA OPS/MVS - Event Management and Automation - Automating Events Using the Relational Data Framework
- CA OPS/MVS - Event Management and Automation - Automating Events Using the SSM
- CA OPS/MVS - Event Management and Automation - Schedule and Group Managers for Event Mgmt
TSO/ISPF Curriculum - UPDATED to z/OS v2.1
- Using Online System Facilities - TSO/ISPF
- Managing Data Files and Definitions with ISPF/PDF
- Maintaining Data in Files with the ISPF Editor
SDSF Curriculum - UPDATED to z/OS v2.1
- SDSF Concepts and Operation
- Using SDSF to Control Job Processing
- Using SDSF to Display, Manipulate and Print Job Output
- Using SDSF to Manage System Resources and Devices
IBM Power i Curriculum
IBM i Query Series
- Database Basics and the Need for Query - NEW
- Creating a Simple Query - NEW
- Advanced Query Features and Management - NEW
z/OS v2.1 Curriculum
z/OS Console Simulators Series
- Console Simulations - UPDATED to z/OS v2.1
IBM Explorer for z/OS
- IBM Explorer for z/OS - NEW COURSE
Introduction to zEnterprise - EC12, BC12 & zBX v2.1
- Introduction to zEnterprise - EC12, BC12 & zBX - UPDATED to z/OS v2.1
z/OS Management Facility Curriculum
- Introduction to the z/OS Management Facility - UPDATED to z/OS v2.1
CA ACF2 Security Server Series - Updated to R15
- CA ACF2 - Introduction
- CA ACF2 - Defining Environment Controls
- CA ACF2 - Protecting System Access
- CA ACF2 - Protecting Data Integrity
- CA ACF2 - Protecting General Resources
- CA ACF2 - Maintaining ACF2
- CA ACF2 - For Auditors
IBM Power Series - IBM i Curriculum
IBM i RPG Series
- RPG/400 Introduction - NEW
- RPG/400 Coding - NEW
- RPG/400 Programming - NEW
- RPG/400 Workstation Programming - NEW
Introduction to the IBM Environment Curriculum v2.1
- Introduction to IBM Enterprise Environment
- z/OS Systems Programming Fundamentals
- IBM Development Environment Overview
JCL Curriculum v2.1
- JCL (z/OS) - Introduction to z/OS JCL
- JCL (z/OS) - Using Special Data Sets in Batch Jobs
- JCL (z/OS) - Identifying and Resolving Batch Problems in JCL
- JCL (z/OS) - Coding Procedures and JES2 Control Statements
z/OS Curriculum v2.1
- z/OS Concepts and Components
- Initializing and Terminating the z/OS System
- Monitoring the z/OS System
- z/OS Architecture
- Identifying z/OS System Problems
- Resolving z/OS System Problems
IBM i Power Curriculum
IBM i Programming Fundamentals Series
Data Center Storage Management Curriculum
- Storage Networks, Administration, and DASD Management Using ICKDSF (Previously titled "Managing the Storage Network") - UPDATED with new module.